Reminder: Credentialing Process for Physicians and Other Health Care Professionals with BCBSOK
Credentialing is the process by which Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) reviews and validates the professional qualifications of physicians and other health care professionals who apply for participation with our networks, ensuring that they meet professional standards.
Please be aware, physicians and other health care professionals applying to be in the BCBSOK network:
- Specialty requests should be consistent with the professional’s education, training and certification.
- BCBSOK collects data required for our credentialing and recredentialing process through the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare, Inc. (CAQH) Uniform Credentialing Application.
- It’s important to complete all fields accurately. Missing or incorrect information could delay the credentialing process.
- Keeping your information current is your responsibility. Use the CAQH database to report any changes to your practice.
- Additional forms may be required. These forms can be found on the BCBSOK provider website under Network Participation.